This class is no longer accepting registrations
Numeracy is the ability to access, use, interpret, and communicate mathematical information and ideas, to engage in and manage mathematical demands of a range of situations in adult life. (CDC, 2021). Numeracy literacy can be a challenge not only for individuals receiving health information, but also for those providing information. This 90 minute/1.5 credit hour webinar is an introduction to communicating numerical health information. It is designed for anyone who wants to improve communication of health information that involves numeracy and communicating numbers.
- Define numeracy, risk, outcome, benefit, statistics, relative risk, and absolute risk as they relate to numerical health information
- Explain risk and benefit (numeracy) of health information from an individual’s perspective
- Interpret and evaluate numerical health information
- Communicate numerical health information to others
- Recognize Medline plus as a resource for numerical health information